Can't install aoo pdf ext

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
justmegt

Can't install aoo pdf ext

Post by justmegt »

When I try to install aoo pdf ext into aoo 4.11 I get the following error:

An error occurred during file opening.

I had the same error before I upgraded from 4.00.

I tried switching my antivirus and internet securities off.
Open Office 4.1.1 Win7 32 bit
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Can't install aoo pdf ext

Post by kingfisher »

If you are referring to Oracle PDF Import Extension, you need to install a later version :
If you are using Apache OpenOffice 4.0 or later, you must use another version: PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
justmegt

Post by justmegt »

kingfisher wrote:If you are referring to Oracle PDF Import Extension, you need to install a later version :
If you are using Apache OpenOffice 4.0 or later, you must use another version: PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice.
Yes, that's the one I'm using.

I have Panda Global Protection and it gives me a message that a 'dangerous operation has been blocked'. I tried turning off the antivirus and firewall but the same error happens.

All I want to do is copy and paste some data from a PDF invoice into a spread sheet, to calculate the profit margins. I have since typed the info in manually but it would be useful for future reference. Copying and pasting without the PDF extension puts the data into the spread sheet but doesn't put it in individual cells.
Open Office 4.1.1 Win7 32 bit
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

justmegt wrote:
kingfisher wrote:If you are referring to Oracle PDF Import Extension, you need to install a later version :
Yes, that's the one I'm using.

I have Panda Global Protection and it gives me a message that a 'dangerous operation has been blocked'. I tried turning off the antivirus and firewall but the same error happens.
It may be that your browser has silently renamed the extension file to type .zip (IE can do this) and the OpenOffice extension installer is griping because of this. If this is the case, rename (at system level) the file involved to type .oxt and try installation again. Virus warnings for versions of OpenOffice and its extension files downloaded from the main site are almost always (always?) false positives. To install the extension you may require a Java update (a possibility - I'm not certain).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

justmegt wrote:All I want to do is copy and paste some data from a PDF invoice into a spread sheet, to calculate the profit margins. I have since typed the info in manually but it would be useful for future reference. Copying and pasting without the PDF extension puts the data into the spread sheet but doesn't put it in individual cells.
My recollection is that you can paste to individual cells by clicking the down arrow to the right of the paste tool bar icon selecting "unformatted text" and selecting the appropriate settings in the import dialogue which you then see. The preview will indicate the result of your settings.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux