pdfinstall.uno.dll falied

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
emf

pdfinstall.uno.dll falied

Post by emf »

Right after upgrading to OpenOffice 4, I tried to update the Pdf Import extension, but I get this alert:

Extension Manager
X loading component library failed:
file:///C:/users/... ..../pifimport.uno.dll

I searched for the filename here but did not find anything. What should I do?
I have Vista Home edition Basic.
emf
OO 4.1.6 in 64 bit Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: pdfinstall.uno.dll falied

Post by RoryOF »

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
emf

Post by emf »

So, if I understand correctly, the current version of PDF Import extension is not compatible with OO4. It's OK, I can wait, but why did AOO told me an update to the extension is available?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Did you try the download I indicated at
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/exten ... df-import/

In handling a project as large as OpenOffice (codebase of approx 300 MB) with a volunteer workforce there will always be gliches.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
emf

Post by emf »

When I click the last file (Windows_x86-update.xml) it just opens in the browser, indicating that "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.' What can I do with it?
AOOjohn

Post by AOOjohn »

Thank you for the solution, i have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why this extension would not work.

Within the XML doc is the download address. Go here for the AOO 4.0.1 compatible PDF Extension https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras ... /Downloads
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 8.1
neha_648

Post by neha_648 »

It’s really not that hard to fix DLL errors if you know what caused the problem in the first place. So why do you get DLL errors in the first place?

Basically, it happens when you open a software application that needs a particular DLL file to make the application run properly. When the application tries to open and notices that the required DLL file is missing, it will cause an error to popup and usually keep the application from running any further.

So what causes DLL errors in the first place? Here are two of the most common reasons…

When you uninstalled a software program on your computer, the chances are good that during the uninstall process, the DLL file that is needed by other programs was removed during the uninstall process.
Check in detail here
http://largearticle.com/3-simple-ways-t ... ll-errors/
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista