Sharepoint connector

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
itsupport

Sharepoint connector

Post by itsupport »

Hi,

I am after Sharepoint Connector in order to use OpenOffice on our workstations and being able to edit/open/save file same way I could do with MS Office. The major page where all the links, that I went trough, are reffering, is pointing out the software which I cannot find in the list anymore, nor anyone from Oracle support was able to help me resolve the problem.

It says:
"Oracle Connector for SharePoint Server is part of the Oracle Open Office Enterprise Edition and not free."
but none of the applications are available in http://edelivery.oracle.com/ or any other link on the extension website.

Major source:http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... _connector

will be there anyone who could help me out please?

If there are another ways how to reach my goal, I am more than happy to hear out other solutions.
What I am trying to achieve:
- keep documents in sharepoint in xls/doc/ppt format (due communication outside the network)
- be able to edit/open/save them with ms office products as well as openOffice products
- be able to connect openoffice directly to sharepoint so I can create file withing a sharepoint as well as save it directly from openoffice app.

Should you have any suggestion for alternative solution for SharePoint that works well with both office packages - I'll be thankfull for getting this information.

Thnank you very much for you time.
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1
Windows XP SP3
ntc490

Re: Sharepoint connector

Post by ntc490 »

Same problem here. I contacted Oracle to see if I could find it and they indicated they no longer support the Sharepoint Connector or anything else associated with OpenOffice. It looks like the source of the link below is out of date and broken. Please remove it.
OpenOffice 4.0 on Mac