[Solved] Dictionary for a Latin transcription of Persian

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
h.farroukh

[Solved] Dictionary for a Latin transcription of Persian

Post by h.farroukh »

Greeting
I have made a dictionray extension for the transcription of Persian with Latin alphabet. That means, I have a way of writting Persian as I would write English or German. This should help joung Persians living in the US and Europe to learn Persian and write Persian texts. It works fine in OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 8. As Persian is a rtl-script I had to choose another western language, in order to make it work. Currently, I choose Esperanto. I have two questions:

1- Is it possible to use a custom dictionary for Persian as a "western language"? Users should see an entry in the language selection indicating Persian.
2- If not, may I publish it to the extension page for others to use? Users should know that they can use this dictionary, when they chhose Esperanto as language. Or would I viloate some policies?

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.4.1, Windows 8
Hagar Delest

Re: Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persia

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have you tried?
There are no developers here, perhaps you will have more luck asking this on the dev mailing list: http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-li ... ist-public
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
h.farroukh

Post by h.farroukh »

Hi and thanks a lot for the fast reaction.
I have placed the question in the mailing list you mentioned. But I'm not sure if my questions, at least the second one, is of development nature.
h.farroukh

Post by h.farroukh »

Thanky you very much. People on the mailing list have helped me. For the moment, I use the workaround described in the issue. When the transcription method gets some "official" status, it could be possible to offer an special language entry for it. You can find the current extension here: http://extensions.openoffice.org/de/pro ... ALPHBTDICT.