Efofex extension

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
EnCee

Efofex extension

Post by EnCee »

Has anyone had experience of downloading and adding the extension for OpenOffice from Efofex? I have successfully (apparently) downloaded the extension from Efofex but when, subsequently, I open an OpenOffice text document I do not see the icons for Efofex applications that I would expect to find in the toolbar.
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Efofex extension

Post by RoryOF »

A quick inspection of their site did not reveal anything targetted for OpenOffice. Please give a URL for the extension in question. Their main target sees to be MS Office.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

RoryOF wrote:A quick inspection of their site did not reveal anything targetted for OpenOffice. Please give a URL for the extension in question. Their main target sees to be MS Office.
Nothing since 2004 as far as I can see:

http://efofex.blogspot.co.uk/2004/05/op ... pport.html
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

Correction. There's an FX MathPack - OpenOffice Integration Pack here:

http://www.efofex.com/Downloads.php

but it's an .exe and I'm in Linux as usual.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Thanks, Robert. I'm also in Linux. Will try on a Windows machine later, but off to a meeting now.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
martin.julie

Post by martin.julie »

its now 2016 and I want to get Open Office to see efofex draw 6 which I have successfully downloaded so I can put it into a document. I don't get the addins icon or anything under insert object to connect to my document.
open office 4.1.2. Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

martin.julie wrote:its now 2016 and I want to get Open Office to see efofex draw 6 which I have successfully downloaded so I can put it into a document. I don't get the addins icon or anything under insert object to connect to my document.
Dreams are free. And you are barking up the wrong tree since efofex is closed source.
OpenOffice is a dying project anyway. Install https://libreoffice.org/ instead and try if that cousin of OpenOffice can handle the efofex plugin.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice