When will the 3D transition extension available?

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
Gundamdriver

When will the 3D transition extension available?

Post by Gundamdriver »

Hi. I am a user of OpenOffice.org. I was used to do my paper work with OpenOffice.org on Windows, and now I am using OpenOffice.org 3 Beta on my Mac.

Few months ago I found that some new 3D transition effects for Impress are going to be available for download, as an extension to OpenOffice.org 2.4.0. After a long time, I downloaded the latest stable build of OpenOffice.org 2.4.0 on a Linux machine, but I couldn't see any new 3D effects in Impress.

I have been waiting for a long long time. I just wonder if I missed something (forgot to install other plugins), or the extension is still under development?

Thanks for reply.
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: When will the 3D transition extension available?

Post by AndrewZ »

It's Linux only, and the extension is delayed. I tried to build it myself and found what I thought were serious obstacles to building it as an extension after a discussion with one developer, but another developer told me it is possible. I'm not sure what to think. In any case, your options are to use my special OpenOffice.org OpenGL 3D build (based on a developer's snapshot from a few months ago) which has it built in (not an extension) or to get it from certain Linux distribution's editions. There are details in that link. Or, you could wait.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
Gundamdriver

Post by Gundamdriver »

Hi. I found the torrent file on the website you mentioned, and I tried to download the experimental package... But it failed, becoz there is no seeds...

Where else can I get the package?

Thanks!
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

Try it again.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP