[Solved] Sun Wiki Publisher

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
dpbsmith

[Solved] Sun Wiki Publisher

Post by dpbsmith »

All I need is the "Export: MediaWiki (.txt)" option within OpenOffice Writer.

Months ago I successfully installed Sun Wiki Publisher for Open Office 3.1 for Windows.

I cannot install it with OpenOffice 3.4 for Windows. I double-click on Sun-Wiki-Publisher.oxt, it launches OpenOffice Writer, I agree to the license, it says it is installing and show a single green box in the progress bar. There is a long pause, the progress bar continues to show one green box, and finally I get a message box from the "Extensions Manager" saying "Could not create Java implementation loader."

java -version
from the command line reports "1.6.0_26-b03"

I can install it successfully with OpenOffice 3.3 for the Mac, apparently the latest available version.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3.1 on Windows XP
acknak

Re: Sun Wiki Publisher

Post by acknak »

I cannot install it with OpenOffice 3.4 for Windows.
Sorry, is that a typo? No OOo version 3.4 has been released.

The extension installs correctly for me, with OOo 3.3 on Linux.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest trying it with OOo 3.3.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
dpbsmith

Post by dpbsmith »

I have tried it with OpenOffice 3.2, 3.3 and the beta for 3.4 with Windows. I tried 3.4 in hopes the bug had been fixed in the current beta. I have tried it with Java versions 26 and 29. In all cases I get the same error message, "Could not create Java implementation loader." And I have tried it on two different Windows machines.

I am glad that it works for you on Linux--it works for me on the Mac--but that does not help me identify or resolve my problem, which is getting to work under Windows.

It would be nice if someone could tell me what the error message "Could not create Java implementation loader" is supposed to mean, or what action the user is supposed to take in response to it.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The last posting in
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=115372
gives a solution which worked for that poster.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
dpbsmith

Post by dpbsmith »

Thank you very much! Intriguingly complicated solution...

However... meanwhile... someone in the office suggested I try LibreOffice. I installed LibreOffice 3.4.3 build 302. First time I've ever installed LibreOffice. (For the record: Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 3, Java 1.6.0_29) and Sun Wiki Publisher installed effortless and errorlessly, and not only is the MediaWiki export option available and working, but Send to MediaWiki, which I never could get to work at all with OpenOffice (3.1), also works perfectly. Interesting.
Henkjan

Re: [Solved] Sun Wiki Publisher

Post by Henkjan »

so you have the wiki extension in LibreOffice now?
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on windows XP pro
dlongm01

Post by dlongm01 »

I had problemd wih the Send to MediaWiki action after I installed LibreOffce 3.5.2.2.

Tried everything, getting frsutrated them I read hint here: reinstall the extension.

Worth a try

Bingo! I resinstalled from here http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pro ... ipublisher.

Works fine! Thanks.

A useful tool - but I can't open existing pages?
LIbre Office 3.5.2.2 on W7 Home Premium
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

In order to get an extension that gives you an error message like that to install into OpenOffice 3.4, you need to install the latest (7 at least) Java runtime for 32 bit (not 64 bit).

Also make sure it gets selected by clicking the button in front of the JRE that you want AOO 3.4 to use. 8-S
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Be aware that Apache OpenOffice 3.4 is not fully happy with Java 1.7; you will lose some functionality, which may not affect you in daily use. Also, at present OpenOffice is best with 32 bit Java, even on 64 bit Windows systems. It is the intention that AOO should reduce and eventually eliminate use of Java, but this won't be immediate.
 Edit: Further information on just what Java is needed for in AOO3.4 at
http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/java.html 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS