I can't get a simple Table to do what I want

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Jaethan

I can't get a simple Table to do what I want

Post by Jaethan »

I am helping a friend write up something to help him with something. In one section I need 3 tables--3 rows, 2 cells--with text to the left outside the table, and one of the cells to be a check box. But I also need to have 3 of those types of tables in the same line one after the other.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make custom size tables that'll not only let me input text inside the table, but to the left and right as well, followed by Another table. Help Please. I'm quite desperate and running out of time. . . . .
OpenOffice 4.1.6 Win10
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: I can't get a simple Table to do what I want

Post by JeJe »

You can insert a frame and then put your table inside the frame and then position the frames alongside each other.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
RoryOF

Re: I can't get a simple Table to do what I want

Post by RoryOF »

Alternately, make an OO Section of three columns. Using /Insert /Manual break : Column break place your table in the centre column; you can now enter text into the first and third columns of the Section, with your table in the centre column. This may need some careful steering.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS