[Solved] Accessing outline state in Calc

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
hika

[Solved] Accessing outline state in Calc

Post by hika »

Through the com.sun.star.sheet.XSheetOutline interface I can create, remove or manipulate an outline in a calc sheet. However I have not been able to find how to access the current state nor have I, what would even be more handy, found a listener for this state.

Is there any such functionality and if so where can I find it?
Is it maybe linked to one or more properties I can evaluate or put a listener on?
Is there maybe a hiding state property?

Hika
Last edited by hika on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openoffice 4.1.2/4.1.4 and libreoffice 5.4.4.2/5.4.5.1 both on Gentoo and on Windows
FJCC

Re: Accessing outline state in calc

Post by FJCC »

You can get which cells are visible with queryVisibleCells() a deduce the state of the outline from that. It is not a very convenient method.

Code: Select all

oSheets = ThisComponent.getSheets()
  oObj1 = oSheets.getByName("Sheet1")
  oColumns = oObj1.getColumns()

oObj2 = oColumns.getByName("A")
  oObj3 = oObj2.queryVisibleCells()
  sAbsoluteName = oObj3.AbsoluteName 'a string of cell ranges

oCells = oObj3.getCells() 'oCells has enumeration access
  oRangeAddresses = oObj3.getRangeAddresses() 'oRangeAddresses is an array of RangeAddress
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
hika

Post by hika »

I was thinking in that direction as probably the only way, although I hadn't jet found that function. Thanks!
But one additional question, doesn't this primarily mark cells outside the windowview as invisible? Which could be because the outline is collapsed, the row or column is hidden or that they are to far to the right, left, top or bottom.

Hika
openoffice 4.1.2/4.1.4 and libreoffice 5.4.4.2/5.4.5.1 both on Gentoo and on Windows
hika

Post by hika »

One other thing I have been looking for as a possibility. Next to using an outline, you can also without adding an outline, hide/show rows or columns. I haven't jet found that interface, but could it be that outlines are build on top this functionality and that this interface does have a "Hidden" or something property? Could this be somewhere in com.sun.star.table?

Hika
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

queryVisibleCells() does not pay attention to what is visible on the screen. It tells you whether a cell is hidden or not. A column has an IsVisible property from com.sun.star.table.TableColumn and rows have the same in com.sun.star.table.TableRow.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
hika

Post by hika »

Thanks! I can build my own function around that. Storing any created outline, so I know what to check.
It however to me is a bit illogical/inconsistent naming, as visibility in my logic is associated with views/windows. But ...

Hika
hika

Re: [Solved] Accessing outline state in calc

Post by hika »

I have a class with all kind of sheet related functions including a variable containing a link to the sheet. I added a dict `self.outlines` that keeps track of the outlines so I on subsequent access can just use a name. These are the outline related modules. Thanks for the idea!

def group(self, **kwargs):
        orientation = kwargs.get('orientation', None)
        name = kwargs.get('name', 'Outline-%s' % len(self.outlines))
        if name not in self.outlines.keys() or orientation not in (None, self.outlines[name]['orientation']) \
            or kwargs.get('do_create', True):
            start = kwargs.get('start', 0)
            end = kwargs.get('end', 0)
            if orientation == self.uno.ue_tblorient.COLUMNS:
                self.outlines[name] = {'created': False, 'orientation': orientation, 'start': start, 'end': end,
                    'range': self.file.get_rangeaddress(self.name, col1=start, col2=end)}

elif orientation == self.uno.ue_tblorient.ROWS:
                self.outlines[name] = {'created': False, 'orientation': orientation, 'start': start, 'end': end,
                    'range': self.file.get_rangeaddress(self.name, row1=start, row2=end)}

else:
                return

if name != None:
            ra = self.outlines[name]
            if not ra['created']:
                self.unocomponent.group(ra['range'], ra['orientation'])
                ra['created'] = True

if kwargs.get('collapse', False):
                self.unocomponent.hideDetail(ra['range'])

else:
                self.unocomponent.showDetail(ra['range'])

def clear_group(self, name):
        if not name in self.outlines.keys():
            return

ra = self.outlines[name]
        if ra['created']:
            self.unocomponent.ungroup(ra['range'], ra['orientation'])
            ra['created'] = False

def group_collapsed(self, name):
            return True

ra = self.outlines[name]
        if ra['orientation'] == self.uno.ue_tblorient.COLUMNS:
            for cell in self.range(1, ra['start'], 1, ra['end']).queryVisibleCells().getCells():
                return False

if ra['orientation'] == self.uno.ue_tblorient.ROWS:
            for cell in self.range(ra['start'], 1, ra['end'], 1).queryVisibleCells().getCells():
                return False

return True

def hide_group(self, **kwargs):
        kwargs['collapse'] = True
        self.group(**kwargs)

def show_group(self, **kwargs):
        kwargs['collapse'] = False
        self.group(**kwargs)

def group_rows(self, **kwargs):
        kwargs['orientation'] = self.uno.ue_tblorient.ROWS
        self.group(**kwargs)

def hide_rows(self, **kwargs):
        self.group(**kwargs)

def show_rows(self, **kwargs):
        self.group(**kwargs)

def group_cols(self, **kwargs):
        kwargs['orientation'] = self.uno.ue_tblorient.COLUMNS
        self.group(**kwargs)

def hide_cols(self, **kwargs):
        self.group(**kwargs)

def show_cols(self, **kwargs):
        self.group(**kwargs)

hika

Re: [Solved] Accessing outline state in Calc

Post by hika »

This is weird. It did work like a charm,... when I had rows collapsed. But when I applied it on columns it always returns that it is collapsed. So I did some research and simplified the function a bit.

return True

for cell in self.range(self.outlines[name]['range']).queryVisibleCells().getCells():
            return False

return True
Where self.outlines[name]['range'] is the "com.sun.start.table.CellRangeAddress" used to create the outline. This way I do not need to check on whether it is horizontal or vertical. Removing a source of confusion and error. But is still did not work on collapsed columns, while working on collapsed rows.

Next I tried:

return True

return not len(self.range(self.outlines[name]['range']).queryVisibleCells().getRangeAddressesAsString())
And that did work.
Somehow on a horizontal range like "_Overzicht.A1:D1" the getCells() function returns an empty enumeration.

Can anybody explain this? Is it a known bug?

Hika
darren4
Banned

Post by darren4 »

Finally I can build my own function around that. I was wondering if this primarily mark cells outside the windowview as invisible
hika

Post by hika »

No , See FJCC's answer above to my same question and the documentation of the queryVisibleCells() function.
It works very well, but do not use queryVisibleCells().getCells() as it is still empty on a horizontal array.
Use queryVisibleCells().getRangeAddressesAsString() and check whether the resulting string has length 0.

Of cause on crossing outlines you must make sure to check cells outside the crossing. My function checks the top or leftmost cells.

Hika