Macro with IF function copying and transferring formats

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
reza53

Macro with IF function copying and transferring formats

Post by reza53 »

Hi, I need a Macro in Excel with IF function. Basically the Macro goes through the first row of WS1. IF there is "Charlie" in A1:A3 (merged cells) the Macro will copy the range F2:H6 from WS2 and paste it below "Charlie" in WS1. IF there is "George" in A1:A3 (merged cells) the Macro will copy the range I2:K6 from WS2 and paste it below "George" in WS1. The Macro will then move to the next position A4:A6 (merged cells) and fills the cells below it based on similar information from WS2, and will continue for "Michael", "James" and ...
The copied cells contain hyperlinks, so I need the formats transferred too.
Please help me with that or guide me if a similar answer exists. Thanks
Office 2013, Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Macro with IF function copying and transferring formats

Post by FJCC »

This forum supports OpenOffice, LibreOffice and related software. Your question seems to be about Excel. I suggest you try an Excel forum to get help with your problem.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Macro with IF function copying and transferring formats

Post by Zizi64 »

Hi, I need a Macro in Excel with IF function.
It is not a MS Excel Forum.

The macro programming feature of the Apache OpenOffice/Libreoffice Calc application and the MS Excel is not same.
The 'StarBasic IDE and the API of the AOO/LO' and the 'MS VBA of the Excel' are basicly different, not compatible.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.