Line Colouring Charts in Basic Macros

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
misitu

Line Colouring Charts in Basic Macros

Post by misitu »

NOTE
I reported this originally as viewtopic.php?f=45&t=85668. There were no takers so I marked it solved on this forum and then reported as a bug to the OO bugzilla. There are still no takers over there! Never mind, I think I have an answer to the question, which is one of presentation.

It appears from the evidence that the Chart Colours take precedence, and attempts to use other colours have bad effects on the lines, e.g. they disappear.

My aim is to present the DOLLAR and EURO exchange rate histories with their own unique colours, whichever other currency may be the source or target for the Exchange. So, for example, it might be dark blue for the Euro and something else for the US.

I think what I can do is swap out the standard colours file C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\presets\config\standard.soc and replace it with the same name from one containing different values for the colours with draw:name equal to "Chart 1" through "Chart 12".
(and then swap back afterwards)

I think this will be simple enough to try out. To be honest it's the sort of hack that is not to my taste but, equally, not being able to set line colours to presentable values is not to my taste either.

Just thought I would throw this into the ring in case those with more experience of the system have some useful knowledge.

Thanks in advance
David
OpenOffice 4.1.1
HSQLDB 2.3.4
Windows 7 HP / Windows 10
OOBasic
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Line Colouring Charts in Basic Macros

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload a small .ods example file with the chart what you want to colorize.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
misitu

Re: Line Colouring Charts in Basic Macros

Post by misitu »

Hi, thanks for getting back so rapidly

I posted a while back, without luck, tried a few more things, even sent in as a Bug but still waiting to hear so kind of gave up at that point.

Here are my 2 earlier posts on this forum:
Here is my earliest post which describes how AOO Basic ignores what I wanted it to do and colourizes ala Chart 1-12 shades.
Here's the follow up post with some attached ods file.

Recently I found a couple of posts with a more in depth discussion of creatively modifying the colour definition files so am trying to give it another go. Seems to me hacking standard.soc might be the only way at present even if that impacts on other AOO work here.

Thanks again!

David
OpenOffice 4.1.1
HSQLDB 2.3.4
Windows 7 HP / Windows 10
OOBasic