[Solved] Saving a file as the top line of document

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
persontvw9

[Solved] Saving a file as the top line of document

Post by persontvw9 »

Hello All,

I work at a place that produces a large amount of data. The data is all in the same format, which has allowed me to create a macro that organizes the data in way that is convenient for us. To save us even more time I have been trying add a step at the end that will allow me to save the file as the top line of the document automatically. As each top line of the documents are different this would be very useful. If anyone has a basic setup to do this in which I could alter to my needs that would be so helpful. I am using OpenOffice Writer for this.

I have tried one setup that I found on here that did not work for me. Thank you for your time. :D
Last edited by persontvw9 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 running on Windows 7
MrProgrammer

Re: Saving a file as the top line of document

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. We have that (and lots of other good stuff) in Board index ‹ Customizing and Extending ‹ Code Snippets.

[Writer] Save with first line as file name (written 2009)

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
persontvw9

Re: Saving a file as the top line of document

Post by persontvw9 »

MrProgrammer wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum. We have that (and lots of other good stuff) in Board index ‹ Customizing and Extending ‹ Code Snippets.

[Writer] Save with first line as file name (written 2009)

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Thank you so much for your timely response! I just used the snippet you showed me and it worked beautifully! This will really make work run so much more smoothly. Thanks again so much! :D :D :D
OpenOffice 4.1.2 running on Windows 7