Conversion of Excel file to OO with Macros

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
irfman

Conversion of Excel file to OO with Macros

Post by irfman »

hi, i am new to open office, therefore appreciate if someone can help me to convert this macro enabled excel file to open open spread sheet.

thanks a lot.

regards
Last edited by irfman on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Urgent Help - Conversion of Excel file to OO with Macros

Post by Zizi64 »

Tip:
Try the Libreoffice. It has better compatibility with MS VBA.

(But you need rewrite all of your macros if you want to work with LibreOffice, OpenOffice efficiently. The API+StarBasic and the MS VBA are basicly different.)

You need study the API (Application Programming Interface) functions. The embedded StarBasic IDE and Interpreter is very simple (but it is very old fashioned).

Otherwise, your example file is too complex, too complicated. It is not a simple thing to help you.
What specific command or function or subroutine you want to convert?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
irfman

Re: Urgent Help - Conversion of Excel file to OO with Macros

Post by irfman »

thanks for the detailed response but i am not good at programming. nevertheless will take your suggestions as a starting point. right now, i need identical user form that pops up while pressing the modify button under frrcALC worksheet in excel.

any help in the matter will be much appreciated.

One more thing, cells with drop down menu (data validation) that are linked in two separate worksheets are not working in the converted OO file. Infact all linkages are gone. Any remedies.

thanks a lot
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows 10