Documentation of OpenOffice BASIC objects, etc.

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
hanya
Volunteer

Re: Documentation of OpenOffice BASIC objects, etc.

Post by hanya »

jza wrote:
shambhagwat wrote:please see this link for micro development.
[http://openoffice3.web.fc2.com/OOoBasic ... #OOoCCF01a]
Hi shambhagwat,
Would be great to have these on the wiki, if you find the time to re-publish I am willing to help with the format and tempalte for documenation.
See bottom of his top page, contents of his site is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. It seems the license is not compatible with Apache License 2.0.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
debewerker

Post by debewerker »

Recently I moved my databases from access to base. It took me three months, and not only most of the evenings, and a lot of perseverance to obtain the same functionality.
Sources of information are the 'books' by Pitonyak, the API is may be understandible, but not pratical (shows no program lines). That is a choice, but does not help with a fluent and gradual application of base. I can apply and admit that a I still have only about a vague idea of the context of, and relations between form - databasetables - formcontroller, and that I do use the forum as a practical entrance to find solutions for the wanted functionality. It is clear that that is a time consuming route.

On the other hand I do know how to handle the forms, set its 'command', couple master and slave fields and so on. In other words: manual operation poses no problems, it becomes difficult to do the same via a VBA routine. Where is the property/method in the two pages and more subpages when MRI'ing an object.

Therefore I want to suggest another type of documentation that relates properties from forms, subforms, and controls directly to program code that gives an example to read/set/use the property or method. A link to the code can be a short-cut key when the cursor is on the property field, like F1.
In the ideal situation, when landing on the code suggestion page, there is an extension to non existing properties of an object but very much looked after functionality. Control functionality like: field.setfocus or form.close or form.currentfieldfocus, non-existent in the property panels and realised in program code via other objects, but it supplies a simple entrance to the user.

code can be supplied by the forum users, and the documentation structure by ?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on LINUXmint quiana
viceant

Re: Need thorough documentation of OOo BASIC objects, etc.

Post by viceant »

B Marcelly wrote: If you can read french, buy the book Programmation OpenOffice.org 3, it is probably the only user-oriented documentation on most of OpenOffice.org API and Basic. But even this 920 pages book cannot answer all questions.
______
Bernard
What a pitty it is not in english!! I guess it is a huge amount of work to translate it, but I have seen you have written another book since you posted. Do you have in project to translate it?

Excuse my poor english ;)
LibreOffice 5.0.5.2 on Windows 7 Professional 64/ Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
jza

Post by jza »

This is not the only book on OpenOffice programming feel free to google them.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
viceant

Post by viceant »

jza wrote:This is not the only book on OpenOffice programming feel free to google them.
I have done it, but the better one I have found is that of Pitonyak :?
LibreOffice 5.0.5.2 on Windows 7 Professional 64/ Ubuntu 14.04 LTS