Is UNO client sdk supported on jdk 64 bit?

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
bijarniya

Is UNO client sdk supported on jdk 64 bit?

Post by bijarniya »

I want to use UNO sdk to call OpenOffice API's on jdk64. I've a project where UNO sdk is used but that is working only on jdk32 and that's probably due to the native dlls compiled using jdk32. So exploring if OpenOffice API calls using UNO sdk is supported on jdk 64 bit or not?
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on RHEL7
RusselB

Re: is UNO client sdk supported on jdk 64 bit?

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
I suspect that the OpenOffice API is 32 bit, due to the fact that OpenOffice is a 32 bit application, thus the 64 bit jdk doesn't work with it.... similar problems have been consistent topics, usually with the poster being told that they need the 32 bit java installation, despite them having the 64 bit java installed.

If you want to use the 64 bit, then LibreOffice looks like a better option as more recent versions are 64 bit, and, to my limited knowledge, the UNO api for OpenOffice is 100% compatible with LibreOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Re: is UNO client sdk supported on jdk 64 bit?

Post by RoryOF »

On linux, and RHEL7 is a linux distro, there are 32 and 64 bit versions of OO. I am writing this on a 64 bit version, which uses the installed 64 bit Java.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS