[Solved] python uno script mail merge

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
moriatynz

[Solved] python uno script mail merge

Post by moriatynz »

I've been trying to get a mail merge script to execute using the python shipped with OOo 4.1.6. It gives me an error when it gets to the execute statement, it throws an exception:
File "trymerge.py", line 20, in mergeit
oMailMerge.execute([])
__main__.RuntimeException: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'list' object has no attribute 'getTypes', traceback follows
no traceback available
Passing nothing at all: oMailMerge.execute() gives:
oMailMerge.execute()
__main__.IllegalArgumentException: incorrect number of parameters passed invoking function execute
What should I be passing to oMailMerge.execute?

Code: Select all

import uno

def mergeit():
	localContext = uno.getComponentContext()
	resolver = localContext.ServiceManager.createInstanceWithContext(
		"com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver", localContext )
	ctx = resolver.resolve( "uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext" )
	smgr = ctx.ServiceManager
	oMailMerge = smgr.createInstanceWithContext( "com.sun.star.text.MailMerge",ctx)
	oMailMerge.DocumentURL = "file:////home/user/templates/testtemplate.odt"  #Source document (forward slashes only)
	oMailMerge.DataSourceName = "jdbcpostgresmailmerge" #name of data source (included in source document)
	oMailMerge.CommandType = 0                                 #0 = table name, 1 = query name, 3 = SQL command
	oMailMerge.Command = "public.mailmergedata"                #name of table in data source
	oMailMerge.OutputType = 2                                  #1 = printer, 2 = file, 3 = email
	oMailMerge.OutputURL = uno.systemPathToFileUrl("/home/user/output/")    #output directory (forward slashes only)
	oMailMerge.SaveFilter = "writer8"
	oMailMerge.FileNameFromColumn = True       #get file name from data source column
	oMailMerge.FileNamePrefix = "mergefilename"      #name of data source column
	oMailMerge.SaveAsSingleFile = False        #save as multiple files
	oMailMerge.execute([])

def main():
	mergeit()

if __name__ == '__main__':
	main()
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.6 Ubuntu 18.04 x86_64
FJCC

Re: python uno script mail merge

Post by FJCC »

I am totally out of my depth here, but i think you have to pass a tuple to the execute() method, not a list.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
moriatynz

Re: python uno script mail merge

Post by moriatynz »

Thank you, thank you, thank you @FJCC! I've been battling with this for half a day and now solved my problem. For the record, this works:
oMailMerge.execute((),)

Passing an empty tuple is indeed what was required.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 Ubuntu 18.04 x86_64