Converting Any Office Documents to PDF without installing op

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
Tanveer

Converting Any Office Documents to PDF without installing op

Post by Tanveer »

Hai All,
is there any way to convert any office documents(.xls, .xlsx, .doc, .docx, .ppt etc) to PDF without installing openOffice in my system?
i found a link which will convert without installing openOffice, but i couldn't able to do that.i have attached the link here, if anyone knows please Help me,
link: https://dzone.com/articles/integrate-openoffice-java

Thanks in Advance.
openOffice 4.1.5i in windows10.
RusselB

Re: Converting Any Office Documents to PDF without installin

Post by RusselB »

To my knowledge, OpenOffice does not have the ability to d the conversion you are asking about.
I believe installation would be a minimum requirement.
I note that the link has java in the address name, which implies to me that Java is being used, in which case, it may be that Java is doing the conversion, not OpenOffice.

If you really don't want to install OpenOffice (or LibveOffice) in order to do the conversions, then you could try the online converter http://www.zamzar.com
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Install a PDF printer and print to that printer from any application that prints.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Install a PDF printer and print to that printer from any application that prints.
It work together with some installed office suite/viewer: at least a free Word/Excel/Powerpoint Viewer or other viewer software, what can open the document files for vitual printing.

The best option to install an Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice - if the original poster have not MS office suite.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.