[Solved] Writer document not printed correctly

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
peter27x

[Solved] Writer document not printed correctly

Post by peter27x »

Hello,

I have a .doc document, that is opened by Libre Office Writer, then sent to Printer and also to PDF Creator.

The process is controlled from a Delphi program that manipulates Writer via ComObj library.

Everything works well expected something quite strange :

The document is on only one page.

When the program runs on a Win Vista 64bits computer, the document is printed on one page (on Printer AND PDFCreator). This is OK.

When the program runs on a Win XP 32bits computer, the document is printed on two pages (on Printer AND PDFCreator), as if it was "zoomed" before being sent to printing process...

So, same program, same Writer version, different behaviour...

Can anyone understand such a bahaviour ?

As far as I know, PDFCreator works like a printer, expept that it sends the output to a file. so it seems logical that it makes the same result than on printer. I have tested with the same printer connected on the tow computers, always the same problem...

Here is the Delphi command that makes Writer print the document :

Code: Select all

FDocumentOpenOffice.print(VarArrayCreate([0, -1], varVariant));
Maybe some parameters would correct this problem ?

Thanks.
Last edited by peter27x on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 3.6.4.3 with Delphi
RoryOF

Re: Writer document not printed correctly

Post by RoryOF »

Check font files on the different computers; not just names but revision level.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
peter27x

Post by peter27x »

Thanks for this information. Another problem is that my computer is the 64bit one, the 32bit one is one of en employee, so I can't spend a long time on his computer in a day as he needs to work on it. Just some moments in the day, not too long if possible.
Another point I forgot to mention yesterday, in the .DOC file, the problem comes from the interlines (the space between two lines) :
- when, it is defined as "simple", there is no difference between the two computers printing process

- when it is defined as "multiple of 0.5" (or "proportionnel de 50%" in french), it is there that the problem appears :
--- on the 64bits : OK, the interline is about a half of a normal interline on the screen and on the printer
--- on the 32bits : INCORRECT : the interline is the same than a normal interline when printed (but is OK on the screen). And so we have one page on the screen, but two on the printer...

I forgot also to mention that if Word is used instead of Libre Office, the problem does not appear (but my boss wants to replace Word by Libre Office).

If it can help to find the solution...

Thanks.
Last edited by peter27x on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In /Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org Writer : Compatibility, there is a series of settings commencing with a checkbox for "Use printer metrics for document formatting". You should check that this list of items matches checkboxes on both computers.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
peter27x

Post by peter27x »

Thanks a lot, I had watched a lot of parameters in tools / options... but unfortunately not that one which seems vere interesting... I will check this point... I keep you informed...
peter27x

Post by peter27x »

Well, I have found the solution... in fact on the 32bit computer, Open Office was already installed (this point was unknown to me...) and it was not Libre Office that was used (in invisible mode) but OO...
So I have modified the configuration so that Libre Office is the one used, and now the printings are CORRECT. 8-)

Thanks for your help anyway.