[Solved] Error "MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer"

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
mangesh

[Solved] Error "MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer"

Post by mangesh »

Hi,
I am using OpenOffice3.4.1 sdk to build an external dll (it does not add any new types, and is based on the documentLoader example) , which interacts with OpenOffice. I could build the dll using Visual studio 2012 and use it as well. However since the dll is supposed to be cross platform, I moved the project to a Makefile. I have written a Makefile, which creates the .dll, and .lib. However when I use it in a test application, the application complains that the MSVCR80.dll is missing from the computer. I have the following set for the CPP compiler

OO_SDK_CPP_HOME=C:\apps\MVS8\VC\bin

I implemented a test application using VS2012 as well as VS2008, but both applications complain about the MSVCR80.dll

At the same time I am able to use the DLL built using the VS2012 project, and everything works fine

Please advise on what is the best way of compiling using the Makefile and using the dll. Let me know if you need anymore clarification.

Thanks
Mangesh
Attachments
MSVCR80.dll missing
MSVCR80.dll missing
Last edited by mangesh on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice3.4.0 Win7 x64.
Hagar Delest

Re: Getting error "MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you tried to download that dll from the web? If it's just missing, adding it to the system should do it.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Some of the Internet searches indicate that this file may be on the computer, but not found for a number of reasons. Best to do a Search for it, setting to search for hidden and system files. If it is on the computer then we may need to add it's path to the system Path.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
mangesh

Post by mangesh »

Hi Rory,
I have resolved this issue. The problem was that the environment was not properly set, with the vcvars32.bat failing to run. After I made some changes to the setsdkenv_windows.bat, this problem got resolved. I noticed that setting the OO_SDK_OUT variable to custom value, caused an error in running the environment script. I commented out the lines setting the path for custom OO_SDK_OUT, and the issue got resolved.

thanks,
Mangesh
OpenOffice3.4.0 Win7 x64.