Communication with OpenOffice Calc using Named pipe

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
mangesh

Communication with OpenOffice Calc using Named pipe

Post by mangesh »

Hi ,
I am a newbie to OpenOffice. I have gone through the development wiki, and some of the SDK samples. However I am unable to find examples using the named pipe connection. If anyone has some examples on named pipe could you please point me to that.

thanks
Mangesh
OpenOffice3.4.0 Win7 x64.
hol.sten
Volunteer

Re: Communication with OpenOffice Calc using Named pipe

Post by hol.sten »

mangesh wrote:If anyone has some examples on named pipe could you please point me to that.
Named pipes has been discussed here: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... 751#p28751
Sadly that posts refers partly to the old OOoForum which is right now not available. Try again later and see if you can access the link to the old OOoForum in the above mentioned post.
Additionally you can take a closer look at the BootstrapConnector jar given here: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... =44&t=2520
It comes as a jar file with all the java source code included. And the BootstrapConnector comes with a BootstrapPipeConnector class. Hope that helps.
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The old forum is back online (was a DNS problem) but still intermittent of access. Worth trying until you get connected.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
mangesh

Post by mangesh »

Hi,
I have checked those samples. Unfortunately it does not suit me. I am looking for a sample where the OpenOffice.org application is making a call to the attached application ( EXE) and getting data from the application. This way I can make the macro functions access the functionality in the client application.
OpenOffice3.4.0 Win7 x64.