[Solved] ErrorCodeIOException 283 when saving as doc

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
Tim-Erwin

[Solved] ErrorCodeIOException 283 when saving as doc

Post by Tim-Erwin »

I'm using Python to open a document (.doc) via UNO which works fine. I can access the text etc. Then I try to

Code: Select all

document.storeToURL(url, properties)
but only get an ErrorCodeIOException with error code 283 (0x11b) and an empty message. The url is valid (same format as input url which works), write access is granted, target file does not exist. I cannot find what the error means, any hints?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.2 on Debian/Ubuntu
Tim-Erwin

Re: ErrorCodeIOException 283 when saving as doc

Post by Tim-Erwin »

Well, the problem is solved: Although the permissions for the directory should be right, they were not due to a problem (bug?):

OpenOffice starts in server mode even if another instance is already listening on the same port. Hence, I did not realize another instance with another user was running which had no permissions for my folder. Kill it and it works.
biznic

Re: [Solved] ErrorCodeIOException 283 when saving as doc

Post by biznic »

s
Tim-Erwin wrote:Well, the problem is solved: Although the permissions for the directory should be right, they were not due to a problem (bug?):

OpenOffice starts in server mode even if another instance is already listening on the same port. Hence, I did not realize another instance with another user was running which had no permissions for my folder. Kill it and it works.
Hi,

Excuse me but I am new to unix platform I am experiencing the same error how do I Kill the process I'am running debian squeeze and open office 3.2.1
Debian OOo 3.2.1
Tim-Erwin

Re: [Solved] ErrorCodeIOException 283 when saving as doc

Post by Tim-Erwin »

You can find out the process number with this command:

ps aux | grep office
Then you kill the process with

kill <processnumber>
However, this is merely a preliminary measure, not something to do in production. You should make sure there is not more than one instance by not starting more than one instance in the first place.