Problem having two seperate add-ins

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
saleem145

Problem having two seperate add-ins

Post by saleem145 »

Hello,

I have developed a second add-in by cutting and pasting the first. When I try to install the second add-in I get the following error message.

unopkg add -f ../../bin/AutomatonComponent.oxt

ERROR: An error occurred while enabling: AutomatonComponent.uno.rdb
Cause: Rejecting types due to incompatibility! [my_module.XSomething, members] Different number of types!

unopkg failed.
make: *** [install] Error 1

If the first add-in is not installed then it works fine. The implementation name and service name for the first module are --

my_module.first_implementation.service1
my_module.service1

The implementation name and service name of the second module are --

my_module.second_implementation.service2
my_module.service2

I suspect I cannot call both of them my_module...But cppumaker only generates my_module...so I cannot change this??

Saleem
OpenOffice 3.4.0
Mac OS X 10.5.8
hanya
Volunteer

Re: Problem having two seperate add-ins

Post by hanya »

It seems you have different type informations in different rdb files. The type registry mechanism does not allow to merge types defines different API because of breaking exisiting things. For example, new rdb file contains the same interface with different number of methods, this is not allowd.
There is undocumented program to compare two type libraries in SDK, try regcompare to compare your type registries.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04