Create "Custom Frames"?

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
topperdel

Create "Custom Frames"?

Post by topperdel »

Hello once again!

I want to use OOo as a form-creator ind my own application (C#/.NET/CLI) and need some kind of "custom frames" or, to be more general, some kind of "objects". Those objects should be able to be placed by the enduser quite the same as pictures or frames are placed on a Writer-Textdocument. So I need the functionalities of free-placing and resizing. Furthermore I want to have those "objects" somehow be saved in the OOo-Fileformat for later extracting the coordinates, types and sizes of those objects for further use.
Does anybody know how I could do this? Im very new to OOo-developement and very confused about where and how to start.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Kind regards

TopperDEL

P.S.: For german readers: ich würde mich sehr über einen deutschen Kontakt zu einem OOo-Spezialisten freuen. ;)
ms777
Volunteer

Re: Create "Custom Frames"?

Post by ms777 »

Hi,

what you target at is maybe possible, but requires deep knowledge of OO.
The way I can imagine is
- write your objects implementing the required interfaces using java (mainly XShape)
- compile them and register them at the service factory

But, again, this is more a six month project than six days

Good luck,

ms777

P.S. Es gibt auch ein deutsches OO-Forum. Hier passiert aber mehr ...
Agnisys

Re: Create "Custom Frames"?

Post by Agnisys »

Hi,
I'm trying to do something very similar. I was hoping to use the Frame functionality built in Writer. I need to be able to create a frame at the location of the cursor on the click of a tool-bar button.

I'll post a solution if I find one.

Anupam.