Bridgefac.uno.dll missing?

Java, C++, C#, Delphi, ??? - Using the UNO bridges

Bridgefac.uno.dll missing?

Postby mstlaurent » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:19 pm

I have an application that has been working correctly using OpenOffice for years. Recently we started to test with LibreOffice and we have been stuck right near the very start.

I am successfully starting Office, but when we try to resolve the connect string we get an exception. Looking at the error message the result returned is that the bridgefac.uno.dll could not be loaded. Looking a little deeper it looks like this DLL is not included in the installation (we are testing agains 3.4.5). The DLL was present in previous versions of OpenOffice though.

I've included the a brief snippet below, the last resolver->resolve call fails. Is the DLL supposed to be there?

Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view

Reference< XInterface > xInterface = m_xMultiComponentFactoryClient->createInstanceWithContext(
                                             OUString::createFromAscii( "com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver" ),
                                             m_xComponentContext );

Reference< XUnoUrlResolver > resolver( xInterface, UNO_QUERY );

BOOL bConnectionMade = FALSE;   
      BOOL bExceptionThrown = FALSE;
           try
         {
            // Resolves the component context from the office, on the uno URL provided by sConnectionString
            CLog::Log(LOG_TRACE, 4, _T(""), _T("Tyring to make connection to OpenOffice using (%s)"), sConnectionString.getStr());
            xInterface = Reference< XInterface >( resolver->resolve( sConnectionString ), UNO_QUERY );

xInterface = Reference< XInterface >( resolver->resolve( sConnectionString ), UNO_QUERY );

LibreOffice 3.4.5 Windows
mstlaurent

Re: Bridgefac.uno.dll missing?

Postby hanya » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi,

It seems the bridge code is moved from remotebridge to binaryurp in the source tree. And com.sun.star.comp.bridge.BridgeFactory implementation is in binaryurp.uno.dll now.
But com.sun.star.comp.bridge.UnoUrlResolver implementation is still in uuresolver.uno.dll.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
hanya
Volunteer

Postby mstlaurent » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 am

Would an older RDB file possibly cause this? For example I am using an RDB build against the 3.2 SDK and when generating it I included the regcomp.exe -register command with the bridgefac DLL.
LibreOffice 3.4.5 Windows
mstlaurent

Postby hanya » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 am

Would an older RDB file possibly cause this?
I think so. RDB file has link between implementation name and its implementation, it can be extracted from RDB file by regview.

So, I see my pyuno script which connect to the office process works well because it uses fundamental.ini to load rdb file from specific office version.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
hanya
Volunteer

Return to External Programs