Embed Writer in JSP

Java, C++, C#, Delphi, ??? - Using the UNO bridges

Embed Writer in JSP

Postby ironmaiden189 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi guys, I really need help for this.
This is the first time I'm dealing with OpenOffice SDK, so excuse me but I'm at loss...

I'm a Java developer (not web developer), and still my boss wants me to build a web application in which he can load, edit and save documents from a web interface. I created an alpha version of the web application, and used the javascript TinyMCE as a WYSIWYG editor.
The boss didn't like the fact he cannot have control of header/footer and he doesn't see a page layout.

I thought embedding OpenOffice Writer would do the trick, but I'm at loss, I don't know if it's possible, and if it is don't know where to start..

Can anyone give me a helping hand on this? I downloaded the SDK but... from where I begin??
My project setup is : JSP, Java Spring, Tomcat 7.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP
ironmaiden189

Re: Embed Writer in JSP

Postby floris v » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:21 pm

AOO 4.1.6 op Linux Mint
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Embed Writer in JSP

Postby ironmaiden189 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Is it possible that no one ever did a similar thing? Am I the first who tries to embed a writer instance in a web page?
I kindly ask to everyone to post even a suggestion, not just the entire solution. Please help a poor programmer who knows nothing about openoffice writer.. :(
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP
ironmaiden189

Return to External Programs