Embed Writer in JSP

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
ironmaiden189

Embed Writer in JSP

Post by ironmaiden189 »

Hi guys, I really need help for this.
This is the first time I'm dealing with OpenOffice SDK, so excuse me but I'm at loss...

I'm a Java developer (not web developer), and still my boss wants me to build a web application in which he can load, edit and save documents from a web interface. I created an alpha version of the web application, and used the javascript TinyMCE as a WYSIWYG editor.
The boss didn't like the fact he cannot have control of header/footer and he doesn't see a page layout.

I thought embedding OpenOffice Writer would do the trick, but I'm at loss, I don't know if it's possible, and if it is don't know where to start..

Can anyone give me a helping hand on this? I downloaded the SDK but... from where I begin??
My project setup is : JSP, Java Spring, Tomcat 7.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Embed Writer in JSP

Post by floris v »

OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
ironmaiden189

Re: Embed Writer in JSP

Post by ironmaiden189 »

Is it possible that no one ever did a similar thing? Am I the first who tries to embed a writer instance in a web page?
I kindly ask to everyone to post even a suggestion, not just the entire solution. Please help a poor programmer who knows nothing about openoffice writer.. :(
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP