Integrate OpenOffice.org in my VB.Net

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
Dipti

Integrate OpenOffice.org in my VB.Net

Post by Dipti »

I am newbie with Open Office and had learned about it just a day back. My requirement is to integrate the Open Office in my application. Actually I want to create/edit open office document file using my VB.Net code. but I had a problem I didn't get the CLI dll (assembly). Can you help me about that Please tell me how I can get CLI dll in my project as well as how to create open office document file using my VB.Net code?
openoffice3.3 , windows7
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Integrate Open Office in my VB.Net

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Perhaps this will help: ODF Toolkit Project
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: Integrate Open Office in my VB.Net

Post by rudolfo »

Maybe you have a look at the wiki about UNO bridges. The phrases that they use there is not very familiar to me. But that might be because I never worked with .NET and CLI.
wiki.services.openoffice.org wrote:(This bridge should be preferred over the OLE Automation bridge, as it offers more complete functionality.)
Despite of this sentence my understanding is that you can use the UNO/CLI bridge only with C# while you will need to fallback to the COM Automation if you are using VisualBasic (even with VB.NET). But read this with care as I am a complete novice in this area.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.