Help for Newbie

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
ggraham412

Help for Newbie

Post by ggraham412 »

Hi,

I am new to OpenOffice development. My intended platform is Java. Overall I find the documentation to be excellent, and I have been up and running in only a few hours. However, while I can find examples and explanations in the Development Guide, I was wondering if there were documentation somewhere for specific options and values. For example, I had to use Google to (eventually) find the following option "FilterName" for XStorable:

conversionProperties[0] = new PropertyValue();
conversionProperties[0].Name = "FilterName";
conversionProperties[0].Value = "writer_pdf_Export";

While Google works eventually, searching for options this way is very inefficient. Is there a place where all of the legal options/values are listed? Please forgive me if they are in the development guide, but I couldn't find them in there.

Thanks, ggraham412
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Help for Newbie

Post by kingfisher »

By "development guide" do you mean the SDK? The "easiest" way to find options might be to search the api site.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
ggraham412

Post by ggraham412 »

Thank you very much, I didn't know about that site.

It gives me half of the answer: The page at http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/r ... FilterName gives a description of that option along with other available options. However, it doesn't give me a list of valid FilterNames to use.

But more importantly, now I know where to look!

Thanks, ggraham412
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

I'm not sure it's what you want, but there is a list of filters in the wiki.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

The Dev guide is your best source I'm sorry to say. And it is nor very user friendly. As to the list of filters as well as the above reference, you can also use introspection to obtain the list yourself: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3549
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
ccornell
Volunteer

Post by ccornell »

I just moved the Developer's Guide over to the Wiki.... http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... pers_Guide
This version is a LOT more up to date than the PDF version on the website.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The list of supported file types is not static. It may change with versions and extensions.
Unzip the attached Python macro, copy to directory <ooo_user_dir>/Script/python/ and run both macros from Menu:Tools>Macros>Organize>Python...

June 2018: Latest version for AOO and LO attached here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94043&p=447987#p447987
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice