Java Eclipse and UNO-IDL project popup menu

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
DavidBo

Java Eclipse and UNO-IDL project popup menu

Post by DavidBo »

I am newbie in java Eclipse.
I want to add a menu item to that popup window you have, when you select a connection in OO-draw and press the right mouse button.
I have installed the eclipse plugin from https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/JavaEclipseTuto.
But why is the possible interface I can inherit empty?
UNO-IDL.png
By the way what interface should I implement for adding a popup-menu item?
Apache Open Office 4.1.9 Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Java Eclipse and UNO-IDL project popup menu

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DavidBo

Post by DavidBo »

This is the error message Eclipse is giving

Code: Select all

!ENTRY org.openoffice.ide.eclipse.core 4 4 2021-02-20 15:43:00.995
!MESSAGE Failed to get the types from the office
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.PipeConnection
	at com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.pipeConnector.connect(pipeConnector.java:115)
	at com.sun.star.comp.connections.Connector.connect(Connector.java:119)
	at com.sun.star.comp.urlresolver.UrlResolver$_UrlResolver.resolve(UrlResolver.java:116)
	at com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.bootstrap(Bootstrap.java:282)
	at org.openoffice.ide.eclipse.core.internal.office.OfficeConnection.startOffice(OfficeConnection.java:101)
	at org.openoffice.ide.eclipse.core.internal.office.TypesGetter.getTypes(TypesGetter.java:147)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
	at org.openoffice.ide.eclipse.core.office.TypesGetter.getTypes(TypesGetter.java:137)
	at org.openoffice.ide.eclipse.core.unotypebrowser.UnoTypeProvider$UnoTypesGetterThread.run(UnoTypeProvider.java:305)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Nobody knows anything about OOo 3.0.X on Windows XP in combination with Java and Eclipse. You are completely on your own.
I posted the best resource for Java programmers.
If I were a developer, I would use Windows 10 or any recent Linux distribution with LibreOffice (64 bit) and Java (64 bit). If Java components work well with LibreOffice on my system (just test some HSQL example database from this forum), I would install the LibreOffice SDK and Eclipse or whatever. Linux distributions make it very easy to install develpment software that is well documented and reasonably preconfigured.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
DavidBo

Post by DavidBo »

I am using Windows 10 which I updated from Windows 8 some years ago.
So you are wrong. I am not using Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Then please update your signature that tells "OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP" (see How to update your software information signature).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Since OO is no longer under active development (except most urgent fixes once a year), there is no 64-bit version for MS Windows of it. AOO is installed in "C:\Programs Files (x86)\". Just download download/file.php?id=11250 and open it from your downloads folder. Database documents are a container format. This one includes a Java database. Open any table, query, form or report from within that document and see if your Java setup meets the requirements of your office suite. In either case, I would suggest that you install LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice because that would make things a lot easier and more future safe in many ways.
DavidBo

Post by DavidBo »

I have installed Libre Office and also installed the LibreOffice->"Extension Project" which does the same as the tool for OpenOffice and I get the same error.
If I understand it correctly this wizard will query an open LO instance for all UNO types, it supports.
How it does it I don't know but somehow the communication is broken.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You should ask this on a developers mailing list. This is a 99% user forum. Nobody here programs in Java.