Version 4.1.2 has unexpected shutdown on Win 10 computer

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
jsandovm_dedalus

Version 4.1.2 has unexpected shutdown on Win 10 computer

Post by jsandovm_dedalus »

Dear community,

I raise openoffice with an application developed in java, this application calls open office to use the text editor, but when I press edit, it opens the openoffice and then has an abrupt closure. It only happens on some computers with a difference between win 10 and win 7 (64 bits), I tried uninstalling the updates from one computer vs another, but apparently they had no relationship. The same OpenOffice installation was also validated on the same machines and no difference was found.

Tests were performed by disabling the antivirus and it did not work either. The team was also started in failsafe mode and there we rescued the attached evidence (it was the only time it worked without problems).

A separate OpenOffice document recovery message appears (image attached), it mentions the privatestream.

Please your support,
Thank you very much!
 Edit: Title edited from tiene cierre inesperado en equipo win 10 as this is an English language forum. 
Attachments
22.jpg
Last edited by jsandovm_dedalus on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.2
Mountaineer

Re: Versión 4.1.2 has unexpected shutdown on win 10 computer

Post by Mountaineer »

Hello,

only guesswork here:

As AOO is a 32bit application it needs 32bit java.
If your external app could be started from/with 64 bit java there may be problems in inter-process communication.

I only read of this problems, as I usually use command-line or shell() to prevent this kind of problems.

J.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista