[Solved] Multiple authentication prompts for label report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
gkick

[Solved] Multiple authentication prompts for label report

Post by gkick »

Hi all,

Have created a label report for a dummy asset db to print some stickers containing the item id and name and location.
The db is registered, open writer and choose File,New,Labels ...

in the dialog select database name, table and fields all fine, then select New Document and then I get a authentication request for every single record before the label page shows up.
There must be something amiss, because if you have a table with 100s of records you do not wish to respond to 100s of prompts.

Had something similar happening with a standalone form which contained multiple table controls.
Anyway, anyone in the know how to stop these prompts as one should be enough ? Thks.
Last edited by gkick on Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libre Office 6.4.6 on Windows 10 HSQL 2.51 backend
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Multiple authentication prompts for label report

Post by Villeroy »

The attached label document is linked to the built-in Bibliography database, query "Query1" which is a parameter query. My param query was SELECT * FROM "biblio" WHERE "Identifier" LIKE CONCAT(:P, '%').

Just enter a letter A, G or L when prompted.
I tested this with printing to a single file, to multiple files and printing to a printer queue. It always prompts only once for parameter P.
Attachments
MergeBiblioParam.odt
(14.35 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
gkick

Post by gkick »

Thanks for that, however no good as my backend prompts for authentication and the prompt appears as many times as there are records.
Funny enough no problems with the linked spreadsheet containing a pivot, only one single prompt and a subsequent one on refresh.

Feel inclined to think somethings wrong with my machine as yesterday I lost a couple of forms, one still sitting in the container but does not open and I can not delete it either.
Can not install extensions, another one I can not remove....
If one kills and reinstalls LO, are their some settings somewhere which persist from the previous version?
Also weird if, I create another writer doc, then new labels it comes up with the previous documents label settings

Was wondering why I do not see your query until it dawned I have a different bibliography db,
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

If one kills and reinstalls LO, are their some settings somewhere which persist from the previous version?
Yes, the user profile is not removed when you uninstall LO. Actually, resetting the user profile sometimes solves mysterious issues without uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
[Tutorial] Profile reset on Windows 10 - with images
Note that you will be looking for LibreOffice not OpenOffice.
for a more detailed tutorial and other operating systems see
[Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
gkick

Post by gkick »

Thank you, going to have a cleanup night, sort of taking me back to the days of Norton Gh :knock: ost
gkick

Post by gkick »

Thanks a million, all working, label report working perfectly, had LO and OO sitting in appdata
you guys are fantastic !!! :D