Page break in report header

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
JoseJuan

Page break in report header

Post by JoseJuan »

Hi,

I need to cancel the page break after the 'report header' section.
My idea to first page is show first the report header, then the page header or an duplicate of it and below the detail lines, finally page footer.
I have configured in this section 'Force new page' to none and 'Keep together' to yes but allway jumps to new page after.
This configuration is ignored. Could it be a bug?
I use LO 5.4.5.1 which includes the Oracle report generator.

Thank you.
LibreOffice 6.1 on Windows 7 / LibreOffice 5.4 on Windows XP
JoseJuan

Re: Page break in report header

Post by JoseJuan »

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give any idea about this problem?
I refuse to think that neither of you uses the report header section on the same page as the detail section.

Please, someone could check that the property "Force new page" of the report heading section, works correctly with the option "None", getting that it does not do the page break after the section and it is shown in the same page that the detail.

The page header does not worry me because the report has the property "Header page" where you can select "Except in header report" and it works correctly. My solution would be to duplicate the content of the page header at the bottom of the report header.

Thanks.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I think I can duplicate your problem.
I created a Report with a Page Header, a Report Header and Group Header. On the first page I got Page Header followed by Report Header followed by Group Header and then detail lines.
When I change the Repeat Section property to Yes on the Group Header properties dialog then on the first page I only get Page Header followed by Report Header. The Group Header and details don't start until page 2
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
JoseJuan

Post by JoseJuan »

Thanks for checking
I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems. I am a newbie in Base and I did not try the group headers, the same thing happens to me with the group option to repeat as Yes.

I suppose that the report header is shown below the page header, so that it is printed on the top of the page you can try to change the property of the report "Header of page" and to put "Except in header of report".
You will see how a page break always occurs after the report header.

Maybe it's a bug? What you think?

Regards.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There are a number of bugs in the Report Builder, but perhaps the Report > Page Header set to Not With Report Header is supposed generate a title page.
I didn't find anything in LO Help, the "LO Base Handbook" or the "Sun Report Builder" documentation that shed any light on the issue.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
JoseJuan

Post by JoseJuan »

I will record the problem in the bugs list.
Thanks for your help.