[Solved] Repeat Section always shows the same values

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
schnoesel

[Solved] Repeat Section always shows the same values

Post by schnoesel »

Hey there,

I'm having big trouble with a report. I need some kind of price list. My data base is filled with product no., description, price, category I and category II.
Having them sorted and grouped by the categories is no problem with headers. But if I want to repeat the section for a category if the details are longer than the hieght of the site (so you need 2 pages for chocolate snacks as an example) the category itself won't change. For example I have the category I with Snacks, Desserts and Lunch. Category II consists of Sweets, Sours and Salty within Snacks. How can I manage to always have the right header on a page for the above listet details?

With normal sorting/grouping I just get one header per Category I and Category II. If my detailled list is longer than one page, than the lists starts without a header (so without knowing in which category I am). When I activate Repeat Section then I have a header on all sites, but just the first one: let's say it's always Desserts, even if Snacks are listed.

I tried the example form this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=91889
First everything worked like described (Area_03: 2 pages with "Africa" header and on page further it was the "Antarctica" header). But after fiddling with my document to make the same options as in the example above, I had the same problem, but with both files ("Africa" header on every page - I did not change anything in the example file).

Does anybody of you have an idea? Every help is apreciated! Thank you very much!
Last edited by schnoesel on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 6.0.2.1 | Windows 7 32-bit
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Repeat Section always shows the same values

Post by Sliderule »

schnoesel:

Welcome to the OpenOffice / LibreOffice Base forum.
schnoesel wrote:I tried the example form this thread: v ... 42&t=91889
First everything worked like described (Area_03: 2 pages with "Africa" header and on page further it was the "Antarctica" header). But after fiddling with my document to make the same options as in the example above, I had the same problem, but with both files ("Africa" header on every page - I did not change anything in the example file).
I can confirm, per your description, that it, the Report you downloaded, DOES WORK with OpenOffice including Version 4.1.5 .

However, LibreOffice Version 5.4.6.2 ( the latest STABLE version . . . not the BETA Version you are using ) the issue you are describing is present.

Bottom line, I would suggest one or both of the following:
  1. Try it with OpenOffice
  2. Post a copy of your database here, or, via a site such as MediaFire ( http://www.mediafire.com/ ) so the experts here can review it

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
schnoesel

Re: Repeat Section always shows the same values

Post by schnoesel »

Wow. That was fast. You are right. I tried OpenOffice 4.1.5 and it worked like a charm. You helped a lot, however the problem consist for newer versions. So with a grain of salt my issue is solved and I am pretty happy (I had no problem with "downgrading" to OpenOffice 4.1.5). Have a nice day!
LibreOffice 6.0.2.1 | Windows 7 32-bit