Record as HyperLink Report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
conejo

Record as HyperLink Report

Post by conejo »

Hey Forum,

Before opennig this post, i've been on trial with filemaker, quorra and a few others pdf editors. OpenOffice Base looks quite refreshing to see, therefore, i still have my main issue on hold...
There's two tables, one for customer record and another for product service. Text variables on the oowriter report from fields of table, relations. All set.

However, there's no way to set a field record result by the hyperlink box. Searched solutions here, saw one macro about making a button to click. Would rather make no changes on the layout otherwise wouldn't have jumped between some many pdfeditors...
can someone give me a direction??

Should i record the steps of adding every field result(for every Text line result on the report?
Or there's another way than this?

Thanks for any tips :)
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove toxic issue icon [robleyd, moderator]
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Record as HyperLink Report

Post by UnklDonald418 »

It isn't clear what you want.
By default, Base reports (both the standard report writer and the Oracle Report Builder extension) display fields stored in HSQL database tables. The HSQL database engine has no hyperlink data type so hyperlinks can only be stored/displayed as a text string on a report.
Open Office Writer and Calc both include support for hyperlinks. Internet hyperlinks can open a connection to a web page in your browser.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
conejo

Re: Record as HyperLink Report

Post by conejo »

Hey, i've built the report on the Office Writer, set the company database stored as text string.
Well i guess the only way out is to macro the steps of setting the hyperlink for each field, from the database.
Thanks for telling about Oracle Report Builder, going to have a look about it
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10