LibreOffice Base: Report-Builder - how to repeat group heade

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
pizzipie

LibreOffice Base: Report-Builder - how to repeat group heade

Post by pizzipie »

Selection_021.png
Using LibreOffice Version: 5.4.3.2 - Ubuntu 16.04

In a Base Report I have set up a group header but it will not repeat the header labels if the details of the group will not all fit on that one page. Group header settings are to keep all the group details together.

What setting am I missing?
Libre Office Version: 6.0.7.3
Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.10
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice Base: Report-Builder - how to repeat group h

Post by Sliderule »

In the Group Header, the drop down Repeat Section should be Yes .

Please download this sample HSQL Embedded database below, and, look at Report: WorldAreaReport - Area_03 and compare it to WorldAreaReport - Area_02 .

The difference is the length of the page:
  1. WorldAreaReport - Area_03 is 8.5 inches ( 21.59 cm )
  2. WorldAreaReport - Area_02 is 11.0 inches ( 27.94 cm )
In WorldAreaReport - Area_03 since for two of the Continents, Africa, and, Asia, the number of countries exceeds the number that can fit on a page, a second page is required, and, the column labels are printed, as I think you want. :super:

Sample database file to download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xi9x8boib ... DAREA4.odb

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
henrylaw

Post by henrylaw »

Something wrong here: in "WoldAreaReport - By Continent - Area_03" the first continent (Africa) is printed on the top of every page; whereas in "WoldAreaReport - By Continent - Area_02" the continent changes for each group, as is intended.

Is this really just to do with page length? I cannot imagine how I would decide which page length to use in order to get the group headers to change for each group: surely that's the correct behaviour irrespective of the dimensions of the page.

The reason I'm posting to this thread is that I have precisely the same error in group headings as in "...02": the group heading is not changing despite the change of group in the data.
OpenOffice 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

henrylaw wrote:Something wrong here: in "WoldAreaReport - By Continent - Area_03" the first continent (Africa) is printed on the top of every page; whereas in "WoldAreaReport - By Continent - Area_02" the continent changes for each group, as is intended.

Is this really just to do with page length? I cannot imagine how I would decide which page length to use in order to get the group headers to change for each group: surely that's the correct behaviour irrespective of the dimensions of the page.

The reason I'm posting to this thread is that I have precisely the same error in group headings as in "...02": the group heading is not changing despite the change of group in the data.
henrylaw:

Just so you know, the Base Report does work on my computer with OpenOffice Base ( including the latest release as of the date I am writing this . . . OpenOffice 4.1.5 . . . using Windows 10 ).

However, with regard to LibreOffice Base, please check out the bug below with LibreOffice Base . . . from a long time ago.

http://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show ... i?id=82097

Sliderule