[Solved] Report Creation

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
KMcCarthy

[Solved] Report Creation

Post by KMcCarthy »

Hi.

I'm trying to create a simple report from a Query using the Report Wizard. When I just select the fields I want and just finish it through it creates fine. If I do a sort on any of the fields it generates a report with a single line which is not in the Query the report is to pull from. How do I correct the sorting?

Kristin
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
longi

Re: Report Creation

Post by longi »

Hi!
If you are using AOO, then you have not to sort fields when you are generating your report (it doesn't work).
It's better to do that in the query.
The other way is changing the report origine and using a SQL sentence, in which you sort your fields.

Something to fix...!

Regards!
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
LibreOffice 5.1 on Windows 7
LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Windows10
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

But if you install Oracle Report Builder you can sort in the report.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
NicksStillLearning

Post by NicksStillLearning »

I'm having the same issue as Kristin. In AOO, I created a query which sorts a table's date field and imposes criterion(>=CURRENT_DATE) on that same date field. The query returns the data perfectly, but when I create a report from that query (either with or without grouping and sorting), all I get is a single line of strange data. I'm confused! Can queries be used as data sources for reports, or not?

Thanks for any suggestions . . .
Nick R
Apache OpenOffice v 4.1.5
Windows 10 v. 1709
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

NicksStillLearning wrote:I'm having the same issue as Kristin. In AOO, I created a query which sorts a table's date field and imposes criterion(>=CURRENT_DATE) on that same date field. The query returns the data perfectly, but when I create a report from that query (either with or without grouping and sorting), all I get is a single line of strange data. I'm confused! Can queries be used as data sources for reports, or not?

Thanks for any suggestions . . .
Yes. I do it all the time using the extension, Oracle Report Builder . It can be downloaded from:

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder

Sliderule
NicksStillLearning

WHOA! The Report Builder is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks so much for the link Sliderule!
Nick R
Windows 10 v. 1709
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

I mentioned this on 17 Nov, NicksStillLearning. I assumed that posters would know how to get extensions, but clearly not everyone.
So after opening OpenOffice you might like to look at Tools/Extension Manager and click on 'Get more extensions online...' where you will find lots of interesting add-ons/extensions including the Oracle Report Builder
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
NicksStillLearning

Will do Nocton. Thanks for the advice. I'm an old DBase III guy who's new to AOO and who only joined this forum a couple days ago. Still catching up . . .
Nick R
Windows 10 v. 1709