Tables or queries box blank

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Raemey

Tables or queries box blank

Post by Raemey »

I am trying to create a report with an established database. I opened the *.odb file. Up pops the wizard selection for reports. There is nothing opening when I click on this drop-down menu. The box is completely blue. I cannot proceed any farther without something showing up in that box. HP.odb is showing at the top of the page. Have queried the posts but am not seeing anything recent that would apply to this rev. Any suggestions?

Using:
Windows 10, up to date
Chrome
Data imported from an excel file
Openoffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: tables or queries box blank

Post by UnklDonald418 »

When you select Reports the Tasks window should show “Use Wizard to Create Report...”
Does it show any other Tasks?
If there is only the one Task then you are probably using the default Report Builder.
When you click on “Use Wizard to Create Report...” you should see an OpenOfficeWriter page in the background with the Report Wizard dialog on top.
No entries in the “Tables or Queries” list box of the dialog indicates that the wizard can find no Tables or Queries in your database. Do you have at least one table in your database?
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11