Formatting Base reports?

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Konchock_Dawa

Formatting Base reports?

Post by Konchock_Dawa »

Hi,

So, I'm new to both Base and databasing in general; I did a couple of searches on this already and nothing has come up. I am trying to create a report for some chemistry data, specifically, a profile of the processing conditions of different materials.
My problem is, the report comes out almost illegible because the columns are too narrow, so the text bunches up. How do I adjust things like this? I'm sure it's something simple but I can't seem to figure it out. Also the "Format" drop-down is disabled, like it grays out all the options and you can't click on them. I am using OpenOffice 4.1.1 on a Mac OS X Yosemite computer. Any help would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 ; Mac OS X Yosemite
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Formatting Base reports?

Post by Villeroy »

Right-click>Edit...
It is an ordinary Writer document with one table. The table has 2 rows. One for the column headers, one placeholder row for the data.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Formatting Base reports?

Post by Nocton »

Install the Oracle Report Builder extension. That will give you all the features you need.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10