[Solved] Cannot get images in report to function properly

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
t_i_v

[Solved] Cannot get images in report to function properly

Post by t_i_v »

Hello,

I am a beginner at Base although I have used MS Access a bit before so I am familiar with the concept.

I am trying to learn Base by creating a database over Grail watches. :)
I have created one table for watches, one for manufacturers, one for different clockworks and one for different types of watertightness.
The manufacturers, clockworks and watertightness consists of one column each and the watches table consists of a few columns such as name, price, image url, type, manufacturer, watertightness and clockwork.

I have created a form to populate the watches table, including a image field which i can dubbelcklick to get a dialog to select the desired image.
The form seem to work fine, and it populates the table as expected including the image_url. I can create another form which can show information about each watch including its image. So the populated information seems to be ok.

Now to my issue.

I have tried to create a report to show each record one after the other together with the image for each watch so that I would create a list or catalog of sorts of all the watches.
First of all I find it very hard to arrange the layout of the report which might be part of my problem. The report wizard creates a one row table which shows each text record and I cannot seem to edit this in any good way so I tried to create another column in the table and add a image field with the image_url as data source. At best I only get a image for the first record, but sometimes the image seems to disapear behind the text and is not visible at all.

In the added image I added the image field to an existing column, and get it to only show for the first record. If I change the image_url for the first image the image will change so it does take the correct image for the first record.

What do I do to make images appear for each record?

Please help me to get me on my way.
Attachments
database_report.PNG
Last edited by RoryOF on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Cannot get images in report to function properly

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
t_i_v

Post by t_i_v »

Thank you. The extension solved it! I wonder why it is not included to begin with.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro
longi

Re: [Solved] Cannot get images in report to function properl

Post by longi »

Hi!
If you are working with ORB surely all is OK. However, you have the posibility of having good results without ORB, with macros, which are evil (as the teacher says -Villeroy-), but you don't have the need to use more Java than neccessary.

Have a look! :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p04i ... sp=sharing

I'm sorry, but all is in Spanish, and most of macros are boring and useless, but in the tirth page of the form you have the group of macros about images.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
LibreOffice 5.1 on Windows 7
LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Windows10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

t_i_v wrote:Thank you. The extension solved it! I wonder why it is not included to begin with.
LibreOffice comes with the report builder preinstalled.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice