[Solved] Current year function for a report header

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
rabogardus

[Solved] Current year function for a report header

Post by rabogardus »

Is there a function or combination of functions that returns just the current 4 digit year?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice version 4.0.1
Operating system Windows 7
acknak

Re: Current year function for a report header.

Post by acknak »

Insert > Fields > Date

Double-click on the inserted date field and change the display number format to show only the year.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
rabogardus

Post by rabogardus »

We must be using different versions of the report editor because mine does not give me those options. Mine does not give me a Field option, only "Page Numbers", "Date and Time", "Report Controls", "Pictures" and "Shapes". When I select "Date and Time" I have the option of either Date or Time and a number of formats but none of them are just the year, either 2 digit or 4. That is where I got the Today() function, I selected the mmm dd, yyy format as the best alternative, but I would still like just the year.
OpenOffice version 4.0.1
rabogardus

Post by rabogardus »

Never mind, I got it. It was in the date fields Properties pane, General tab under Formatting. I had to go in and define my own format to display just the year. Thanks anyway and sorry to have taken up your time.
OpenOffice version 4.0.1
rabogardus

Solved Re: Current year function for a report header.

Post by rabogardus »

Never mind, I got it. It was in the date fields Properties pane, General tab under Formatting. I had to go in and define my own format to display just the year. Thanks anyway and sorry to have taken up your time.
OpenOffice version 4.0.1