[Solved] Variable font size in report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
dreamquartz

[Solved] Variable font size in report

Post by dreamquartz »

Hi All,

Trying to fill a fixed length of a Field, with variable text length, because of space restrictions.
Would like to be able to have a flexibile font size, so that text will fit in set length.

Possible?

Dream
Last edited by dreamquartz on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
eremmel

Re: Variable font size in report

Post by eremmel »

I only know that this is one of the properties of a cell in Calc. So might be possible to link to a Calc cel or use Calc as the layer on top of your imaged-pdf document, might work out nice in combination with print area, cell protection etc.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
longi

Post by longi »

Hi!

I realize that you want a different thing, and I don't know how to solve this, but it is possible that this solution works for you.
1-The first report:
It only change the size of the field depending on the length of text.
Also has the posibility to change the height if the text has more than one line.
At this moment I didn't get both posibilities at the same time ( in the moment the text has the máximum length to fill a line, increase the height)
2-The second report:
The text of the textfield is copied and pasted in the writer document (because the report is a writer document). So it is manipulated as a text.
In this case I also got to justify the text.

Have a look!

Regards!
Attachments
Resizing textfield in reports.rar
(61.5 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
LibreOffice 5.1 on Windows 7
LibreOffice 6.0.1 on Windows10
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

eremmel wrote:I only know that this is one of the properties of a cell in Calc. So might be possible to link to a Calc cel or use Calc as the layer on top of your imaged-pdf document, might work out nice in combination with print area, cell protection etc.
I was using cells in the Writer document, and the function of alignment on the bottom is available. The initial layout provided for multiple lines in the 1st place, so the fix was simple.

Thanks,
Dream
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.