No "Create Report in Design View" command Question

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
blueboy714

No "Create Report in Design View" command Question

Post by blueboy714 »

I have the same problem as described in the initial post in the thread from Jan 2013 and tried the solution that worked for HeaxadTom, but it is not working for me. I'm trying find/add the "Create Report in Design View" option. I have Java in the C:\Program Files (x86). I'm assuming this means I am using 64 bit. Do I need to uninstall the 64 bit and install the 32 bit version of Java? Any ideas would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 3.4.x on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: No "Create Report in Design View" command Question

Post by Villeroy »

You can have as many Java installations as needed to run all of your Java applications.
"x86" refers to the classical 32-bit PC and "C:\Program Files(x86)\" is the directory where 32-bit software is installed on a 64-bit Windows system.

There might be a command "Use Wizard to Create Report" in the reports section. That command lets you create a simple report which is basically a Writer table linked to your table or query.
"Create Report in Design View" is availlable when you have the report builder extension installed.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
blueboy714

Re: No "Create Report in Design View" command Question

Post by blueboy714 »

ok - in that case I have 32-bit and the report builder installed, but I am still having the above issue.
OpenOffice 3.4.x on Windows 7