Radio button "malfunction"

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
466385@tiscali.co.uk

Radio button "malfunction"

Post by 466385@tiscali.co.uk »

Hi all,

Please excuse my primitive knowledge of Base (latest release). I'm trying to teach myself the software so I use Base instead of some multi-page spreadsheets that take a lot of maintenance. Anyway, my training is based on the tutorial by Mariano Casanova. I find it quite clear and explicit but have come unstuck on the matter of Radio Buttons.

The tutorial, pages 91-93, introduces them. I followed the instruction to place a couple in the form (to select either Male or Female) I was building but there's a discrepancy between the text and the software. The software refers to the data tab on the properties dialogue box, saying that there are three fields: Data Field; Ref. Value (on); Ref. Value (off), but on the screen I see a fourth: Input Required [drop down menu Yes/No].

The text makes no reference to this and I can't find anything in Help to tell me which I should select. It doesn't appear to matter which one I choose.

On one form, it is suggested that on the General tab, I should set Default Status to Selected for one of them, leaving the other as unselected, of course.

The filled-in button appears as expected in the form whilst still in the edit mode but is missing in the input mode. If I fill in the form and click on either one, it responds as expected, but when I attempt to save, the indication disappears.

This isn't the only issue, but solving it would enable me to make some progress. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian
OO latest version; Windows 7 X64 SP1