Report not changing after editing?

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
rdbeales

Report not changing after editing?

Post by rdbeales »

I'm modifying Brian's BookDealer.odb https://sites.google.com/site/brian4msw ... ook-dealer

I've got everything changed to American Dollars, I've edited the forms and tables to add new fields I want, and the only other change I have left is to edit the "Invoice" report so the Fields and Text fit my needs. I'm able to do all this in design view, but the report keeps appearing as it used to, currency stays in Pounds even though I've changed the format, and the text I've edited or removed keeps appearing in its original position.

The design view saves and the changes are there when I reopen the report in edit mode, but the report itself is still the old one.

Is this a common or known problem? Is there a way to fix this without creating a new form?

Thanks
Open Office 3.4.1 on MacOS 10.7.5
rdbeales

Re: Report not changing after editing?

Post by rdbeales »

Actually...

It seems like I don't know how to connect my button in the form to a report creation action, because if I just click directly on the report to activate it it works and a report with all the changes is created, but if I click on the button that uses the macro to generate the report, I just get the original report.

Both methods result in a report with the selected invoice included. The only thing not being activated by the old button is the altered format of the report.
I really don't understand how this is happening, so if someone could clear it up it would be much appreciated.
Open Office 3.4.1 on MacOS 10.7.5