[Solved] Report Wizard and java 1.7.0_13

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
kenken

[Solved] Report Wizard and java 1.7.0_13

Post by kenken »

I have attempted to run report wizard to create new report but it fails to load wizard with message saying "selected JRE is defective". Other wizards suffer in same way. A few days ago, I updated Java to latest version 1.7.0_13. Prior to this, wizards worked. Options shows JRE is connected.

Is there a problem with latest version of JRE being used in BASE?
Last edited by kenken on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on windows 8
kenken

Re: Reprt Wizard and java 1.7.0_13

Post by kenken »

This problem has righted itself. I suspect Windows 8 in desktop mode is somewhat unreliable.
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Report Wizard and java 1.7.0_13

Post by RoryOF »

Have you between discovering the problem and finding that it was cured rebooted your computer, or closed and restarted OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
kenken

Re: [Solved] Report Wizard and java 1.7.0_13

Post by kenken »

I suspect it was a reboot which cured it. I am having trouble with windows explorer (not IE) - it sometimes stops working with a "busy circle" cursor - sometimes this appears to be immediately after creating or updating a file using OO. I have not been able to confirm any particular sequence of events. When windows explorer stops, sometimes restarting it through task manager works, but may have to reboot soon after as either windows explorer gives up completely, or something else goes wrong. I had to replace my old XP as it was giving problems so ended up with a new W8. Should have done what I tell others - don't buy when new version of windows released, wait for SP1.