Base Dynamic Report - Won't Pull Data

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
ptbo

Base Dynamic Report - Won't Pull Data

Post by ptbo »

I am using an iMac OSX 10.8.2 with OO 3.4.1. I have a very simple address database and I am trying to create a report. I ran the report wizard and it created a generic report (dummy values). I did close and save the report. I tried both dynamic options with the same result. When I run the report (double click name) I only get the generic dummy values back, no data is pulled. There is no "title" in the report which I see has been a problem. If I run a static report, it works fine. I can run the query fine, and also run a form with no problems. I did verify that the java is enabled in the preferences. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Open Office 3.4.1; iMac OSX 10.8.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Base Dynamic Report - Won't Pull Data

Post by Villeroy »

How to set up Calc as reporting engine:
Register your database so it is visible in the data source window (F4 key in Writer or Calc).
Drag your table or query which resembles the report content from the left side onto a Calc cell.
This creates a linked import range "Import1". Call Data>Define... select Import1 and check all options below [More Options].
Adjust the page format (should be landscape for address lists).
Adjust the column sizes and orientation of columns (indents and automatic line breaks in cells may be useful).
Use View>Print Preview to check the page layout.
Save the document.
When you load the document you will be prompted to refresh the import range(s). If you confirm, all data will be refreshed from the underlying table or query respectively.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ptbo

Re: Base Dynamic Report - Won't Pull Data

Post by ptbo »

Thanks for the work around. It seems to work fine. However, I would still like to use the reports function which has more formating capability. Consequently, if there is anyone else who knows how to solve the root problem I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks again.
Open Office 3.4.1; iMac OSX 10.8.2