[Solved] Reports don't fetch data in 3.4

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
sue_donim

[Solved] Reports don't fetch data in 3.4

Post by sue_donim »

I have a database that I had successfully created reports with in 3.3. I recently upgraded to 3.4, and my reports no longer fetch data from the appropriate tables/queries. The report still appears on my list of created reports, but when I double click to open it, the default sample data is all that appears. This is also true of new reports - the report wizard runs, and all seems fine, until I actually try to run the report.

I'm just using the basic Embedded database with the HSQL engine. I'm not using the report builder extension. I have selected a jre. This problem with reports is the only issue I've had with OO since updating. I've "solved" it by uninstalling 3.4 and going back to 3.3, but I'd like to have a better solution.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Last edited by sue_donim on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo v 3.3/3.4 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Reports don't fetch data in 3.4

Post by Villeroy »

My old reports still work.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... p?id=14591 (qReport2 requires report builder, qReport works without)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
sue_donim

Re: Reports don't fetch data in 3.4

Post by sue_donim »

Villeroy, thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry that I'm only now replying. I have totally uninstalled and reinstalled 3.4, and reports seem to work now. I don't know what went wrong the first time, but the problem does appear to be solved.
OOo v 3.3/3.4 on Windows 7
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Reports don't fetch data in 3.4 [Solved]

Post by r4zoli »

The reports with charts, do not fetch, because of changes in AOO 3.4.x chart, and these changes not followed by report builder, which development stopped. Delete chart in design view, then report other part will work. The charts can be created in Calc, when you use your database as data source in Calc.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin