[Solved] Display Filter Information On Report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
TomK

[Solved] Display Filter Information On Report

Post by TomK »

(Oracle Report Builder) Using a macro in a form to set filter information for individual reports. Filters are updated fine, reports run fine. However, I don't know how to get at the filter in the report to display it on the report. Is there a parameter that can be accessed with a function within the report to display (print) the actual filter.
Thanks.
Last edited by TheGurkha on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged Solved, TheGurkha.
OOO 3.3 - Windows 7 Pro
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't....
eremmel

Re: Display Filter Information On Report

Post by eremmel »

I think that this is not possible, but I guess there might be a way. Store the selected value of the filter in a single-row table and query that row from from your report and/or when it has to drive the selectivity of the data represented in the report, use it in the reports' driving query as well.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

eremmel wrote:I think that this is not possible, but I guess there might be a way. Store the selected value of the filter in a single-row table and query that row from from your report and/or when it has to drive the selectivity of the data represented in the report, use it in the reports' driving query as well.
This is exactly how I use to do this. Search this forum for "power filtering". Power filtering filters a row set by criteria stored in a dedicated table. You can query the criteria and the row set based on that criteria.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
TomK

Post by TomK »

Thanks to you both (eremmel & Villeroy).... That's kind of what I thought I'd have to do, but didn't want to re-invent the wheel if there were an easier approach
OOO 3.3 - Windows 7 Pro
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't....