[Solved] Display Filter Information On Report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

[Solved] Display Filter Information On Report

Postby TomK » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:55 pm

(Oracle Report Builder) Using a macro in a form to set filter information for individual reports. Filters are updated fine, reports run fine. However, I don't know how to get at the filter in the report to display it on the report. Is there a parameter that can be accessed with a function within the report to display (print) the actual filter.
Thanks.
Last edited by TheGurkha on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged Solved, TheGurkha.
OOO 3.3 - Windows 7 Pro
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't....
TomK

Re: Display Filter Information On Report

Postby eremmel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:17 pm

I think that this is not possible, but I guess there might be a way. Store the selected value of the filter in a single-row table and query that row from from your report and/or when it has to drive the selectivity of the data represented in the report, use it in the reports' driving query as well.
Is your question answered: edit your initial post add "[Solved]" to the subject and check V
LO4.2.8 for work with ORB; AOO4.1.4,LO5.2.5/6.0.5 on W7E SP1 64bit
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
eremmel
Volunteer

Postby Villeroy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

eremmel wrote:I think that this is not possible, but I guess there might be a way. Store the selected value of the filter in a single-row table and query that row from from your report and/or when it has to drive the selectivity of the data represented in the report, use it in the reports' driving query as well.

This is exactly how I use to do this. Search this forum for "power filtering". Power filtering filters a row set by criteria stored in a dedicated table. You can query the criteria and the row set based on that criteria.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, OpenOffice 4.x & LibreOffice 6.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby TomK » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks to you both (eremmel & Villeroy).... That's kind of what I thought I'd have to do, but didn't want to re-invent the wheel if there were an easier approach
OOO 3.3 - Windows 7 Pro
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't....
TomK

Return to Reporting