[Solved] Column alignment in a report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Malcolm

[Solved] Column alignment in a report

Post by Malcolm »

Windows XP Home

I have produced a simple three-column report from a query using Report Wizard
All seems to work well except that I cannot get the first column to left align. The other two are fine.
In design view, the column says it is left aligned and looks left aligned but the report itself is right aligned.
In one of the other columns, some entries occupy more than one line. The result is that the corresponding first column entry appears at the bottom of the multi-line row rather than the top.
Any ideas will be gratefully received.
Last edited by Malcolm on Sun May 18, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: Column alignment in a report

Post by JohnV »

You can create a non-dynamic report in Writer. This assumes that your database is a register data source.

Open new Writer document, press F4, open DB, open Tables (or Queries) item, and click your table. Select the records you want in the report with the gray boxes to their left and click the Data to Text icon found above the field names. Put the bullet in Table then move the fields from left to right. After you click OK just remember that you have a normal Writer document with an ordinary table and you can edit either to suit your needs.
Malcolm

Re: Column alignment in a report

Post by Malcolm »

Many thanks John, your method certainly works and I would not have found it.
Does anyone know why the column alignment does not work in the Base report? Is it a bug?